Speak Out - The Institute for Democratic Education and Culture is a national non-profit organization that educates, inspires and empowers young people to become activists for social justice.
Committed to social, political, cultural, environmental and economic justice, Speak
Out encourages critical and imaginative thinking about domestic and
international issues through artistic and educational forums nationwide.
As a center for progressive arts and politics, Speak Out:
- promotes 200 speakers, performers, scholars, artists, exhibits and films, representing the breadth of social and political movements
- publishes and distributes educational materials and diversity resources including:
- produces community and campus events
- organizes workshops, trainings and educational institutes to strengthen social justice organizing at high schools, colleges, universities and in communities
Speak Out relies on the the support of individuals dedicated to peace and justice. Please consider making a secure online contribution towards our work.
- participates in regional and national conferences and gatherings that promote and strengthen young peoples' engagement in activism